Facial Reconstructive Procedures
Rewards of Reconstruction
“Reconstruction is one of the most satisfying challenges in my practice. To restore the face when nature has been cruel to a patient, whether it be because of a birth deformity, a tumor, or trauma, brings into play everything we’ve learned in plastic surgery, and requires great planning, enormous creativity, and meticulous execution.”
– Allan Wulc, MD
What is Facial Reconstructive Surgery?
In many cases, facial reconstruction surgery is covered by insurance. We will work with you when possible to obtain insurance coverage when appropriate.
In our practice, we treat:
- Droopy upper eyelids (ptosis repair)
- Droopy lower eyelids (ectropion, entropion)
- Deformities related to tumors, trauma, or birth
- Tear duct obstruction
- Nasal septal problems (difficulty breathing)
We also treat:
- Blocked tear ducts in adults and children
- Broken facial bones
- Artificial eye implants and their problems
- Eyes that bulge (Graves’ disease or thyroid eye disease)
- Eyes that are sunken in (as with accidents)
- Congenital and acquired defects of the face, eyelids and orbit
- Facial paralysis and much more
Each case is highly individualized, based on the complex nature of the problem.
We would be happy to discuss your corrective surgical needs during a consultation at our Philadelphia office.
Your Facial Reconstructive Surgery. What you can expect.
Most reconstructive surgery takes place in the operating room at a hospital or an outpatient surgical center. If surgery is performed to improve a defect, it is not always performed on the day of the trauma.
We reconstruct the face, tear duct passages and the bones of the upper jaw and face. Some of these procedures are simple and others are exceedingly complex. Occasionally, more than one procedure is required, or more than one surgeon may be called upon to complete certain specialized tasks.
For the most challenging cases, we often partner with other subspecialists, such as:
- Dermatologic surgeons (MOHS surgeons)
- Oralmaxillofacial surgeons
- Other plastic surgeons
Facial Reconstructive Surgery Results
Facial reconstructive surgery is highly individualized. Our gallery features photographs of some of the most complex procedures we have performed, which can help you set a realistic goal for your own treatment.