What is Phototherapy?
Light is a powerful source of energy—it gives us the ability to see and understand space and color. We use light energy to treat a number of skin conditions, including:
- Irregular skin pigmentation
- Skin blotches (liver spot and hemangiomas)
- Small blood vessels
W Skin Studio, located near Philadelphia, offers broadband light (BBL™) phototherapy, an advanced system made by Sciton, that uses intense pulsed light (IPL) technology to treat skin conditions associated with aging and sun damage.
Broadband light phototherapy is a fluorescent light and laser technology that is most commonly used for:
- Lightening and removing sun spots and brown blotches on the face, neck, chest, hands, and other areas of the body.
- Lightening and reducing redness, rosacea, dilated blood vessels, and broken blood vessels on the face, neck, and chest.
- Helping to control flushing, improve skin texture through collagen stimulation, and improve pore size by temporarily reducing oiliness.
Broadband light treatment is effective on all skin types and on all parts of the body.